Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Teachable Moment #2...Day Time Television

I never have a chance to watch daytime television during the week for the obvious reason of my job.  When I get home from work it's usually the news, jeopardy, or my DVR.  However, today was an "ice day" in which schools were closed.  It was nice to sleep in, stay in my pajamas, and get laundry/homework done.  However, I have managed to spend an extraordinary amount of time working on my blog (not sure if I love the layout) and watch "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills".

Now before anyone starts laughing I have to say, my grandmother (Mom-mom) doesn't have many guilty pleasures but to watch this one show, so I figured I'd try it out.  After watching, I am just completely dumbfounded!  The women on this show are suprisingly narcissistic!  It is shocking to see them shop and "beautify" themselves and then sit there and talk trash about others.  It is quite disturbing that these women (and their husbands too!) are making a lot of money from trashing their "friends" on television.

I have learned from this moment that just because you are off for the day does not mean you should succumb to the terrible shows on daytime television.

No comments:

Post a Comment